Starwood Hotels and Resorts is the hotel network of Sheraton, The Westin, St. Regis, and other well known hotels. The Starwood Preferred Guest (spg) program is the name of their frequent stay and reward program and it’s one of the better hotel loyalty programs. It’s one of the better ones because you can quickly accrue points, use them very sensibly, and there are always promotions for more points or cheaper redemptions.
- Earn up to 25,000 Starpoints® – enough for two free nights at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco, the W Boston or any other category 5 hotel.
- Redeem Starpoints(R) for free nights at over 1,000 hotels and resorts in nearly 100 countries for free flight on over 350 airlines – all with no blackout dates.
- No annual fee for the first year and $65 thereafter.
- Stay 2 nights and get the 3rd night free at particiipating Sheraton(R) Hotels and Resorts worldwide.
- Earn 4 to 5 Starpoints for every dollar you spend at Starwood Preferred Guest Hotels and Resorts.
- Smarter Travel Editor’s Choice Award for Best Travel Awards Card for Domestic Use.
The 25,000 Starpoints bonus is a great way to start off because it immediately gets you two free nights at a category 5 hotel. Not bad!
Flexibility of Points
Starwood points are extremely flexible because their Starwood Preferred Guest Points work at a variety of places, including United, US Airways, Continental, Delta, Northwest, Hawaiian, Alaska and American Airlines. In addition to converting easily, you can also convert at very small amounts (as little as 1500) so you can reach those free flights even if you’re just a few points away. Finally, being able to convert small amounts has another benefit. Since many airline programs expire your miles if you don’t fly often enough, you can add miles to your account and reset that clock.
Why get the credit card of a specific airline when you can get one that gives you access to them all?
25,000 Starwood Starpoints Promotion
When you apply for the card, you can get 10,000 Starpoints after your very first purchase. Then, you can earn an extra 15,000 Starpoints if you spend $15,000 in six months – that’s a total of 25,000 points which can get you up to six free nights at a hotel. Best part? Annual fee is waived the first year.
There isn’t a better loyalty rewards credit card out there – take a look for yourself!